BBC Worldwide are thrilled to announce that Jenna Coleman is now confirmed as attending both Saturday and Sunday of this year’s official Doctor Who Festival. This will be the last chance fans will see Jenna in the official Doctor Who universe before her exit as the much loved Clara Oswald.
Doctor Who Festival is the only official event this year to include appearances from Peter Capaldi, Michelle Gomez and Ingrid Oliver as well as Executive Producer Steven Moffat. An event for fans of all ages, the Festival offers a fantastic opportunity to get the inside track from the cast and crew of Doctor Who in this extravaganza of immersive and interactive opportunities.
We are also pleased to announce that Mark Gatiss will be joining the Festival for all three days, as well as joining the team from Millennium FX each day in its theatre show, revealing to guests how they create and build many of the monsters on Doctor Who. Mark and the team will take an in depth look at the new monsters that appeared on the screens for Series 9.
As well as Mark Gatiss and MFX, theatre shows will also include Meet The Cast and Meet The Writers panels, featuring all seven Series 9 writers over the three days.
- The daily Meet The Cast panel will see Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, Michelle Gomez and Ingrid Oliver discuss their experiences behind the scenes on the set of Doctor Who.
- The minds behind Doctor Who will be quizzed in the Writer’s Panel; Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, Sarah Dollard, Toby Whithouse, Catherine Tregenna, Peter Harness and Jamie Mathieson will talk through the development and design of some of the show’s favourite characters and compelling storylines over the three days.
- Special Effects supervisor Danny Hargreaves and his team at Real SFX reveal what happens on a typical day’s filming and wow fans with their impressive live show.
- Fans of the show can also enter the Doctor Who Festival Cosplay Showcase and be put to the test in the Fan Challenge.
- Photo opportunities with Jenna Coleman are now on sale. There are also photos with Ingrid Oliver, Michelle Gomez, Mark Gatiss, Danny Hargreaves and Nick Briggs still available for purchase via the website. Photos opportunities with Peter Capaldi are now sold out.
- Visitors will experience what it’s really like to be on the Doctor Who set in front of and behind the camera in the Drama School and Production Village featuring Big Finish, Nick Briggs and Douglas MacKinnon, giving ticket holders the opportunity to learn voice acting from the voice of the Dalek himself and discover how to act with CGI.
Two of the iconic sets from Series 9 will be on open display to all ticket holders, including Davros' Sick Chamber, and the set of Clara’s Living Room will be available to ticket holders for photo opportunities.
For further details on the activities at Doctor Who Festival, visit www.doctorwhofestival.com